FOX NEWS

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

WILL STUPAK KEEP TO HIS GUNS?

It'll be interesting to see if Stupak stands tough here. He could single handedly shut this down. I think in the end though that even if the abortion restrictions stand the Dems will vote for health control. They know that if they can get some of it into the law they can come back and make adjustments as needed at a later date. The Commies always work this way; they settle for a little knowing that it just gets their foot in the door. That's all they want.

"Rep. Bart Stupak (D-Mich.) said the White House and the Democratic leadership in the House of Representatives have been pressuring him not to speak out on the "compromise" abortion language in the Senate version of the health care bill.

“They think I shouldn’t be expressing my views on this bill until they get a chance to try to sell me the language,” Stupak told CNSNews.com in an interview on Tuesday. “Well, I don’t need anyone to sell me the language. I can read it. I’ve seen it. I’ve worked with it. I know what it says. I don’t need to have a conference with the White House. I have the legislation in front of me here.”

CNS News


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment