FOX NEWS

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

REPUBLICAN PLEDGE TO AMERICA

"...it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." Macbeth Quote (Act V, Scene V).

"...That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."
Declaration of Independence

"Whenever the agenda of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to institute a new governing agenda and set a different course."
GOP Pledge to America

Is it just me, or does one of these sound like it was written by revolutionaries determined to change the course of history and the other was written by politicians determined to regain the power they lost?

We need to repair and strengthen our foundation, not patch a hole in the roof. The Republican Party, unless it is drastically altered by the infusion of new blood, will change nothing. The career politicians that wrote this compromised declaration of ideals will fold as soon as the winds turn against them. If you don't believe me, go back to the "Contract with America". How well did that work out?

I hope I'm wrong but I doubt I am. These guys are trying to capitalize on the TEA Party movement by saying what they think we want to hear. Until I see something concrete, some actual and meaningful reduction in the size and power of government, until I see the Republican Party make the hard decisions and stick by them, I won't believe a word they say.

Talk is cheap. I'm from Missouri boys; SHOW ME!!!


GOP Pledge to America

H/T IOTW

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment