FOX NEWS

Monday, September 27, 2010

BECKHAM RAGES?



Right up front I'll admit that I don't know anything about David Beckham or the problems in his life. And, I don't care. That's not the point.

The thing that strikes me about this video is that he is described in various commentaries as raging, explosive and furious. Really? In our overly litigious society where people believe they can shoot off their mouths about anything without physical repercussion, most have probably never seen someone pissed off and ready to go. Most sit at their computers or talk on their phones never seeing the others face. They say what they want, spending their time gossiping about others with no fear of any sort of blowback.

This guy Beckham isn't filled with rage or out of control. He's doing the thing that should be done, calmly and coolly calling this punk out, telling him to put up or shut up. That's all. He's doing exactly what men through time immemorial have done when their honor is called into question. And his manliness shines in comparison to the girlishness of his accuser.

It's easy to make a threat or an accusation; it takes balls to act like a man and back up your words. I'm tired of people that talk and talk but refuse to answer for the things they say. Yeah, I know I'm sitting here writing this on a computer in relative anonymity but I promise you there is nothing that I write on this blog that I haven't or won't say in public, no matter how pissed some people get. If I believe that it's true then I'm bound to say it when asked. It's that simple. Let the chips fall where they may.

I've worked in construction all my life and no matter what it's faults, one thing that is true about my business is that there is always immediate reaction to things said from those around me. Whether as a worker or a boss I've always known that lying about someone, or at least if someone thinks I have, or saying something offensive to someone will end up with them in my face. I've seen pissed off and I've been there myself. If guys on the job have a problem we address it immediately, face to face and man to man. Put up or shut up. That's how it should be.

Guys like the punk in the video and the reporters that write these stories have probably never been exposed to real men and the way they handle problems. That's why Beckham's response is seen as rage and explosive when in reality he was calm and deliberate in his response. Without lifting a hand he showed his accuser for what he is, a panty waisted gossip.

So here's the lesson. Boys, in case your Daddy never told you this, speak the truth and be prepared to defend it. If you aren't ready to stand up for what you say then don't open your mouth. If you lie there will be someone there to point it out to you, maybe not now but eventually. There is honor in being beaten for the truth. There is nothing but hollow shame and humility when you have to back down from a lie.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

No comments:

Post a Comment