FOX NEWS

Thursday, March 25, 2010

MORE NEWS ABOUT THE MILWAUKEE SEX ABUSE CASE

Head on over to the Telegraph and read this story. It looks like I'm not the only one that just doesn't trust the motives of the New York Times.

Thanks to
Dan Collins for sending me the link to this story.

"In the early 1990s, when I was religious affairs correspondent of The Daily Telegraph, I reported on the American Catholic Church’s terrible failure to address allegations of child abuse. I think I was one of the first journalists in Britain to write about the way pervert priests were being shuffled around US parishes by bishops. So don’t accuse me of being an apologist for the culture of secrecy and cowardice that enabled wicked men to go unpunished.

But something smells fishy about today’s New York Times story implying that Pope Benedict XVI was complicit in the cover-up surrounding the crimes of a Wisconsin priest, Fr Lawrence Murphy, who abused children at a school for the deaf between 1950 and 1974."

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment