FOX NEWS

Friday, February 26, 2010

THEY'RE DOING IT AGAIN-THE BISHOPS AND HEALTH CARE

Could someone get the USCCB and the bishops to explain to me HOW health care is a basic human right? It may be a basic need and as a Christian I may be obligated by my faith to help if someone is injured but no one has a claim on another's labor to supply them health care.

It's this leftist dribble that is so infuriating the average Catholic. The bishops need to stick to teaching the truth, not promoting beliefs that are antithetical to the Catholic faith.

So I have a question: if access to health care is my right is it sinful for a doctor to charge me for an office visit? Because I can't think of any other right that has a cost associated with its exercise. My rights belong to me by birth and cause no burden to others. My rights do not require action by others. Speech, thought, faith, defense, happiness, liberty. None of these require anything from anyone. That is the nature of a right. Healthcare, on the other hand, requires the labor of another. Do I have a claim on another's labor? Of course not; no more than I do on their wealth, for they are one and the same.

It is time for the bishops to stop the lying; lying done to support political causes. Teach us the truth. Do your job and quit sucking up to your friends in the Progressive movement.


"The evening before the White House Health care Summit in Washington, the U.S. Catholic bishops urged political leaders to commit to enacting “genuine” reform that will protect the life, dignity, consciences and health of all.

“The Catholic bishops have long supported adequate and affordable health care for all, because health care is a basic human right,” their letter to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nevada) explained."
Catholic News Agency

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. I am disgusted with most Catholic Bishops because of this liberalist, Marxist infiltration into the Church. When govt can't even defend the right of the unborn to live, why in the world do the Bishops expect govt to defend the faux right to health care?

    ReplyDelete