FOX NEWS

Saturday, December 19, 2009

MAN IN PRISON FOR DEFENDING FAMILY

I knew that it is nearly impossible to get a gun to defend your family in Britain, but I had no idea that just the act of self defense could land you in jail.

How can the government expect anyone to obey the law when the law is insane?


"A MILLIONAIRE businessman jailed for taking on a knife maniac who threatened to slaughter his family yesterday told of the hell his sentence has caused.
Munir Hussain was sent down for two and a half years on Monday for GBH with intent while the masked burglar who broke into his home with two accomplices brandishing 12inch knives was set free.

Munir, 53, told his lawyer the injustice had left him "stunned - in a living hell". He said: "I just can't understand a justice system that would jail me for trying to save the lives of my children."

The Sun


Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. I think the court said the force used to defend was 'too' much, but how do you sit down and calculate 'too much' when faced with a situation like that?
    I would either act or freeze, and I choose to act,they wouldneed to watch out as one would assume one was fighting for one's family and one's own life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately, here in Missouri, we have "Castle Law". In other words, if someone comes in my house without my permission, I have the legal authority to take whatever action I deem necessary to defend it, my family and myself. Even lethal action. No questions asked.

    When the law will not recognize a natural law right, such as self defense, the entire system of law is called into question. People see the disconnect and lose faith in the system. I don't see how decisions like that in your country can help but undermine the truth.

    Yet, from what I have read, some British lawmakers are backing implementation of Sharia Law,moving towards violating the Natural Law in the other direction. I see America doesn't have a lock on political stupidity.

    ReplyDelete