FOX NEWS

Thursday, December 31, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Do you ever wonder why certain traditions just have to be adhered to? It's New Years Eve and I must, because I always have and so did generations before me, eat herring and some Limburger cheese. For good luck. And I don't have any idea why.

Fortunately, I like the stuff but I think the tradition ends with me. My kids refuse; they can't get past the smell. My granddaughter said she'll try it but we'll see how that goes. It just may be that every generation from this point forward suffers the most terrible turns of bad luck. They'll never know that all it would take to rectify the situation is a little cheese and fish; one night a year.

Oh well, life is a mystery. HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Enjoy whatever strange traditions your family has and I'll see you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment