FOX NEWS

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

HACKERS BREAK CELL PHONE CODE - CONE OF SILENCE SALES SURGE


"Computer hackers this week said they had cracked and published the secret code that protects 80 per cent of the world’s mobile phones. The move will leave more than 3bn people vulnerable to having their calls intercepted, and could force mobile phone operators into a costly upgrade of their networks.
Karsten Nohl, a German encryption expert, said he had organised the hack to demonstrate the weaknesses of the security measures protecting the global system for mobile communication (GSM) and to push mobile operators to improve their systems."






Bookmark and Share





2 comments:

  1. mind you, if you live your life in total honesty(even if you are getting it wrong now and again) why would you mind them hacking. I suppose for businesses and stuff like that, it's a real problem though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, Shadowlands. I have absolutely no expectation of privacy when I use any modern technology to communicate and I conduct myself accordingly. And, I don't have anything to say that is worth eavesdropping on. Just an old, boring grandpa, that's me.

    ReplyDelete