FOX NEWS

Monday, December 28, 2009

AMERICA AND RUSSIA - COMPARING COLLAPSE

If you have the time read the article that this links to. The author compares the Soviet Union during its collapse with the coming collapse in the U.S. He points out, I think, the inherent weakness in our system, overwhelming dependence on everything but ourselves. Strange to think in these terms since the mantra of capitalism and America is the myth of rugged individualism. In reality, most of us are completely reliant on all kinds of systems just to support our existence.

I was at a coffee shop today and marveled at the number of people around me absolutely addicted to technology. I asked my wife if she thought that they could survive without cell phones and laptops. I had this sudden picture in my mind of drug addicts suddenly cut off from their supply.

My family decided about a year ago to collapse our own personal economy. We made this decision because we believe that an orderly collapse at a personal level will be much easier ahead of the general collapse that is coming. I would rather have already reduced our needs and increased our self sufficiency before the rest of the world begins the process. It's easier to work the bugs out of the system while there is still normality all around us. I don't want to have to work out these issues when everyone else is in a state of panic.

When I read this article it verified for me the wisdom of our decision. I don't see a down side to living at a lower standard. We are ready for the SHTF. And, if it doesn't, what have we lost? Nothing. But, what we've gained is a more reasonable life with a better, less dependent future ahead of us.

So , take a look at the article and think about the future. We are on the verge of collapse and all the happy talk from those in the government and the banks can't change that. Be proactive and plan to protect your family. Look to Russia and Argentina for the future. They've been down this road; without global collapse at the same time. Argentina is still in the middle of it. Listen to those that have seen it happen and lived it. Learn from them about what it's really like when all the systems modern society is based on go away.

And if you get prepared, and nothing happens? That's better than the other way around.


"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I am not an expert or a scholar or an activist. I am more of an eye-witness. I watched the Soviet Union collapse, and I have tried to put my observations into a concise message. I will leave it up to you to decide just how urgent a message it is.

My talk tonight is about the lack of collapse-preparedness here in the United States. I will compare it with the situation in the Soviet Union, prior to its collapse. The rhetorical device I am going to use is the "Collapse Gap" – to go along with the Nuclear Gap, and the Space Gap, and various other superpower gaps that were fashionable during the Cold War."

Energy Bulletin


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment