FOX NEWS

Monday, November 23, 2009

MAN IN COMA 23 YEARS - CONSCIOUS THE WHOLE TIME

Kind of reminds me of the movie, "Johnny Got His Gun". Maybe this will add something to the debate when doctors want to disconnect someone from their feeding tubes to allow them to starve to death.

I'm assuming that this happened in England, the land of socialized medicine. I wonder why they have covered the cost of keeping him alive? Perhaps the system is not as heartless as we have been led to believe.


"A car crash victim has spoken of the horror he endured for 23 years after he was misdiagnosed as being in a coma when he was conscious the whole time.

Rom Houben, trapped in his paralysed body after a car crash, described his real-life nightmare as he screamed to doctors that he could hear them - but could make no sound.

'I screamed, but there was nothing to hear,' said Mr Houben, now 46, who doctors thought was in a persistent vegatative state.

'I dreamed myself away,' he added, tapping his tale out with the aid of a computer."

Daily Mail


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment