FOX NEWS

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

CONSUMER CONFIDENCE FALLS- ARE YOU SURPRISED?

It amazes me that the guys that do this research find this so surprising. I guess, much like the weatherman telling us it's sunny when the rain is coming down, they haven't opened their windows to look outside. Everyone I talk to, across the economic spectrum, is cutting back because they believe we are going to see things get a lot worse. Few have a bright outlook.

I bet I could have saved someone a whole bunch of money if they had just asked me about this.


"Consumers' confidence about the U.S. economy fell unexpectedly in October as job prospects remained bleak, a private research group said Tuesday, fueling speculation that an already gloomy holiday shopping forecast could worsen.

The Consumer Confidence Index, released by The Conference Board, sank unexpectedly to 47.7 in October -- its second-lowest reading since May.

Forecasters predicted a higher reading of 53.1."

Yahoo


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment