FOX NEWS

Monday, December 5, 2011

UPDATE ON GINGRICH AND WHEN LIFE BEGINS

Lifenews.com posted an article today with this clarification of the implantation issue by Gingrich:

"“As I have stated many times throughout the course of my public life, I believe that human life begins at conception,” Gingrich said in the statement. “I believe that every unborn life is precious, no matter how conceived. I also believe that we should work for the day when there will be no abortions for any reason, and that every unborn child will be welcomed into life and protected by law.”

“That is why I have supported, and will continue to support, pro-life legislation that not only limits, but also reduces, the total number of abortions, with a view to the eventual legal protection of all unborn human life,” Gingrich continued."

I have to wonder if the most brilliant man in the room is really capable of being so clear and unambiguous in his comments regarding implantation only to turn around, and doing his best Emily Latilla, say, "Never mind!"

Something's just not right here. Either he was caught with his pants down and let the truth show or he's really not as brilliant as he'd like us all to believe. That the implantation remark could be just a simple foul up is impossible for me to believe, at least if he has any real convictions or principles regarding life issues.

And that's why I don't trust him. He's just another politician looking for votes and he'll say anything he has to or sit next to Pelosi on any couch he needs to if it'll help him get those votes.

In the end, all of the candidates have strengths and weaknesses. All I'm looking for is the one that is honest, that shows true character and that says what they believe and believes what they say. Gingrich isn't the one.

5 comments:

  1. Like I said before, I may just sit this one out. If it's a toss-up between Al Capone and Machine Gun Kelly, do you really want to look your kids in the eye and tell them you supported either one? I'd sooner be able to say that I washed my hands of both of them. If someone better doesn't run, I'm not voting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I'm with you there. And I hate it. Instead of always being forced to choose the lesser of two evils once, just once, I'd like to be able to choose the greater of two goods!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how you, Newt and the rest of the "pro-life" crowd only care about life when it's in the womb, the second it's clear of the birth canal your interest wanes to indifference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obviously you either didn't read this post or the ones that led up to it and just jumped in based on your own personal biases and prejudices or you are incapable of understanding that I wasn't commenting on Gingrich's stance regarding life. It just happens that the subject of his lie was the life issue. It could have just as easily been about any number of other things. My point is that on an issue that he should be absolutely certain about, one that he knows he's going to be questioned about repeatedly, he ends up twisting in the wind. Why? I think because he's lying and he got caught. He is stating, with absolute certainty in both cases, that he BELIEVES in two diametrically opposed arguments. So, he's either not as smart as he wants us to believe or he's just another sniveling politician, same as the rest. My guess? He's both.

    Regarding the life issue - I'm afraid that getting past your bigoted beliefs is like trying to convince a Klansman to love his black brother-in-law. So explaining the subtle nuances of the life issue, things such as innocent versus guilty, killing versus murder and the like would be a waste of time.

    So I ain't goin' down that road. And I'm not replying to anything else you put up in this regard though I'll continue to post it. I've got better things to do.

    ReplyDelete